UN Women and The DO School share the vision of empowering women across the globe and improving gender equality by connecting the corporate sector with female-benefitting scalable ventures to address sustainability challenges within the fashion industry. The Industry Disruptor is a unique incubation and mentorship programme that provides entrepreneurs in Europe the opportunity to learn from leading industry experts, scale solutions sustainably, access international supply chains and be part of a global network committed to social change.
The programme is looking for female-benefitting ventures that tackle key sustainability challenges across all areas of the fashion industry – from tech solutions to production and distribution to product end-of-life and consumer behaviour.
Specifically, you should apply if:
About the programme:
Phase 1: Online Learning
- Your venture is operational in Europe, either working in the fashion industry (all fields of the value chain such as design, material sourcing, production, technology, logistics and distribution, marketing) OR your venture offers a product or service that could be applied to the industry.
- Your venture either a) has a product/service that benefits women b) is female-led or owned or c) has a majority female team.
- Your enterprise offers products or services that positively impact environmental, social, gender equality or economic challenges across all areas of the fashion industry and beyond.
- You are interested in creating positive systemic change within the industry and are a driven leader in your field
- Your product or service is viable, ready to scale, and addresses a pain point within the fashion industry in a sustainable and innovative manner.
Selected ventures will participate in a 6 week-long online learning and support program dedicated to helping your venture contribute to a more sustainable and equitable fashion industry. You will learn from leading experts in the field, connect with peers and mentors and become part of a community dedicated to changing the fashion industry for the better.
Phase 2: Bootcamp
The 20 most promising ventures from the online learning phase will go through to the bootcamp, an intense and inspiring 5-day sprint to work with experts and mentors on your venture – and most importantly to connect and co-create with corporate partners to assess collaboration potential to scale your product or service.
: If travel and social distancing rules permit, the Bootcamp will take place in Berlin, Germany in December 2020. In case travel and/or group gatherings are not possible at the given time the Bootcamp will take place virtually.
Online learning phase
: 19th October – 27th November
: 7-11th December, virtually or Berlin, Germany (TBD)
How to apply:
Applications are completed through an online application form.
The programme is part of a wider initiative of WeEmpowerAsia (WEA), which is funded by the European Union under its Partnership Instrument and implemented by UN Women Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific.