Part of the European Innovation Council (EIC), the GHG initiative entails solidifying the phrase “climate action is a business case” and aiming to lower the carbon footprint of Europe’s most innovative startups and scaleups in conjunction with Europe’s largest community of innovators and researchers. With that in mind, if you find exploring this subject to be of the utmost importance and have a need to better understand the specificities of the GHG emissions inherent to it, you’ve come to the right place. So, save the date: on the 20 October 2021, from 10:00 to 11:30 (CEST), we will host a webinar to explore the most critical aspects of the energy sector and how it can impact the planet on a positive or negative note.
Applications are open until the 13 October 2021 (first come, first served)
The EIC GHG programme offers EIC beneficiaries the chance to assess, track and reduce their carbon footprint. Being directly related to the energy industry, the growing need to shift even further from using polluting options and try renewable and cleaner alternatives instead is growing hugely.
Having a better grasp of these concepts, how to benefit from them and make a positive impact is something of great importance with each passing day. That’s why the GHG programme entails several different aspects: co-creation activities with partners & peers, a dedicated GHG tool (sign up here) to help you quantify and measure your carbon footprint, monthly webinars - such as this one -, and other specific resources to further support you with dedicated mitigation measures.
Bear in mind: happening on the 20 October 2021, from 10:00 to 11:30 (CEST), this webinar will give you an insight on the energy-related field and is meant for the SMEs in the energy industry that want to stay ahead of the green curve – as you can see below:
- It will shortly explain why SMEs should act urgently and what a GHG management system is.
- It will give you an important insight into the climate challenges and opportunities for the energy sector.
- It will also include very concrete and practical information on how to calculate your business greenhouse gas emissions (GHG) and how to best reduce them.
With limited places, the applications are on a first-come, first-served basis. Best not wait long and join the EIC on this journey towards a greener Europe.
What to expect from it?
- Timing: 10:00 to 11:30 (45 min of presentation & 45 min of Q&A
- Agenda (subject to change):
- Reminder: GHG Programme: Introduction Webinar
- A quick introduction to the physical and political context of climate change.
- What are the incentives for SMEs to reduce their carbon footprint?
- What is a GHG management system?
- What is specific to the Energy sector?
- Sector position compared to global emissions
- Energy supply, consumption, and trading in Europe: How green is the Energy of your country?
- How to take into account the energy consumption into your Corporate Carbon Footprint? Methodology insight.
- What about the mitigation policies?
- A deep dive into the EIC GHG programme. What's up next?
About the EIC Business Acceleration Services
This opportunity is brought to you by the EIC Business Acceleration Services. To explore other opportunities to connect with the largest corporates in Europe, keep an eye on our events page.
About the EIC GHG programme
With the EIC GHG programme, part of the Business Acceleration Services, the EIC offers its beneficiaries the support and expertise needed to assess, track and efficiently reduce their carbon footprint through the use of a dedicated GHG tool, monthly webinars and further resources.
In addition, co-creation activities with corporates, industrial associations, regions in carbon transition and other EIC beneficiaries are planned. More information on the EIC GHG programme can be found here.
For additional information, please refer to our helpdesk (please choose 'EIC GHG Webinar: The Energy Sector’ as the subject).