Part of the European Innovation Council (EIC), the GHG initiative entails solidifying the phrase "climate action is a business case" and aiming to lower the carbon footprint of Europe's most innovative startups and scaleups in conjunction with Europe's largest community of innovators and researchers. With that in mind, the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi) provides a crucial framework for your company to establish ambitious GHG emission reduction objectives, in line with the latest science. Something you’ll surely want to dive deeper into. So, save the date: on 28 October 2021, from 10:00 to 11:30 (CEST), we will host a webinar to explore the most critical aspects of Science Based Targets and how this initiative can help your company achieve sustainable growth.
Applications are open until 21 October 2021 (first come, first served)
The EIC GHG programme offers EIC beneficiaries the chance to assess, track and reduce their carbon footprint. Given the importance of this matter, the programme entails several different aspects, including a dedicated GHG tool to help you to quantify and measure your carbon footprint, monthly thematic and sectorial webinars – such as this one –, and other specific resources to further support you with trustworthy dedicated mitigation measures.
Take note: taking place on 28 October 2021, from 10:00 to 11:30 (CEST), this webinar is for SMEs that want to know more about the Science Based Targets methodology and what it represents for them.
It will include:
- A description of general GHG management systems.
- The Science behind Science Based Targets (SBT).
- The different steps to joining SBTi.
- The methodology behind STBi.
- Some insight into European SMEs that have successfully applied the Science Base Targets methodology.
With limited places, the applications are on a first-come, first-served basis. Best not wait long and join the EIC on this journey towards a carbon-neutral Europe.
What to expect?
- Timing: 10:00 to 11:30 CEST (45 min of presentation & 45 min of Q&A)
- Agenda (subject to change):
- GHG Programme: Introduction Webinar
- A quick introduction to the physical and political context of climate change.
- What are the incentives for SMEs to reduce their carbon footprint?
- What is a GHG management system?
- What are Science Based Targets?
- An extensive dive into the Science Based Targets Methodology
About the EIC Business Acceleration Services
This opportunity is brought to you by the EIC Business Acceleration Services. To explore other opportunities to connect with the largest corporates in Europe, keep an eye on our events page.
About the EIC GHG programme
With the EIC GHG programme, part of the Business Acceleration Services, the EIC offers its beneficiaries the support and expertise needed to assess, track and efficiently
reduce their carbon footprint through the use of a dedicated GHG tool, monthly webinars and further resources.
In addition, co-creation activities with corporates, industrial associations, regions in carbon transition and other EIC beneficiaries are planned. More information on the EIC GHG programme can be found here.
For additional information, please refer to our helpdesk (please choose 'EIC GHG Webinar: Science Based Targets’ as the subject).