The European Innovation Council and Engie invite EIC beneficiaries to apply to the EIC Corporate Day that will take place in Paris, France on 1st & 2nd December 2022. The multinational utility company is looking for partnerships that can enhance innovation and work on joint solutions to aid the energy transition.
Apply until 14 October 2022
Engie is a global reference in low-carbon energy and services. Together with their 170,000 employees, their customers, partners and stakeholders, they are committed to accelerate the transition towards a carbon-neutral world, through reduced energy consumption and more environmentally friendly solutions. The corporation reconciles economic performance with a positive impact on people and the planet, building on their key businesses (gas, renewable energy, services) to offer competitive solutions to their customers. To that end, Engie is interested to work with EIC beneficiaries with solutions to support its transformation in the energy transition (more details below).
EIC beneficiaries selected to attend this EIC Corporate Day with Engie will have access to specific training and pitching sessions. Pre-arranged meetings with Engie top decision-makers will take place at Engie’s HQs in Paris in a dedicated physical event.
Who can apply?
Applications are open to all EIC beneficiaries that are working on innovations related to the following challenges:
Challenge 1: Energy Transition Technologies – for industrial customers
- Sub challenge 1.1: Improving energy efficiency in industrial processes, including utilities production & energy optimization.
- Sub challenge 1.2: Low-carbon & sustainable technologies for on-site utilities production for industrials including new technologies that enable carbon reuse such as carbon ox combustion, utilization, carbon capture and carbon sequestration.
- Sub challenge 1.3: Low-carbon & sustainable hydrogen technologies including on-site H2 technologies, technologies for production (low-cost, high-purity, high reliability), innovative fuel cell technologies & storage and transportation (cost-effective, high volume) of hydrogen.
- Sub challenge 1.4: New thermal storage solutions to optimize energy consumption and efficiency on site for industrial players.
Challenge 2: Energy Transition Technologies – for building sites
- Sub challenge 2.1: For better energy efficiency, all tools, methodologies and business models for optimization of energy management and O&M of tertiary buildings and collective housing (with or without artificial intelligence).
- Sub challenge 2.2: New technologies and multi energy solutions for hybrid boilers for buildings (low costs, high performance, cost-effective).
- Sub challenge 2.3: Low-carbon technologies (cooling & heat production & heating uses) for tertiary buildings and collective housing.
Challenge 3: Electrification & Batteries technologies for industrials & cities
- Sub challenge 3.1: The development of solar modules with a very low carbon content, a high recycling rate and high efficiency of solar PV cells
- Sub Challenge 3.2: New methodologies, solutions, tools and business models to accelerate development and the implementation of PV plants.
- Sub Challenge 3.3: Technologies which could democratize and develop light and cheap solar everywhere for all kind of uses (mass market solar).
- Sub Challenge 3.4: New battery technologies and second life batteries which demonstrate their usage at utility scale and industrial cases.
- Sub Challenge 3.5: Innovation in charging infrastructure for road mobility ( Operation cost optimization, new charging services efficiency of energy efficiency, communication, …).
Challenges 4: Energy transition for cities & circular economy
- Sub challenge 4.1: Development of solar modules with a very low carbon content, a high recycling rate and high efficiency of solar PV cells.
- Sub challenges 4.2: New technologies to produce green energy from waste for industrials players and district heating & cooling networks (technologies, ….).
- Sub challenge 4.3: New thermal storage solutions, to optimize energy consumption and efficiency for DHC and cities.
- Sub Challenge 4.4: New innovative solutions for sustainable cities ( Lighting, biodiversity, infrastructure usage optimization).
Challenges 5 : Technologies for flexible management
- Sub challenge 5.1: New smart technologies which enable to optimize energy flows for several usages : district heating and cooling networks, local energy communities and for power and storage solutions. The tools must be cost-effective and sustainable, capable to combine several technologies (thermal & electric).
Opportunities for selected EIC beneficiaries
- Privileged access to one of the world’s leading companies, with the potential to initiate strategic partnerships along with increased visibility and possible access to new markets.
- Networking opportunities with relevant business counterparts based on your company profile.
- Personalised online training on pitching techniques and Engie’s specifications before the event.
- Services related to support before, during and after the matchmaking event.
EIC beneficiaries can apply by clicking on the following link: Apply
In the application form, you should include the answer to the questions:
- What is your business compliance with the matchmaking event?
- What are your expected specific synergies/outcomes for your potential business with the corporation?
Please acknowledge the information you provide on the application form is shared with Engie to maximise potential benefits and ensure the effectiveness of meetings. Based on its business interests, Engie will select the final participants among the applicants.
The Business Acceleration Services team will contact all selected applicants once the process finishes. However, this contact does not include feedback or recommendations for those not selected.
About the EIC Business Acceleration Services
All participants are expected to fill out a brief satisfaction survey shortly after the event and a business impact survey after six months. Failure to do so may lead to exclusion from future Business Acceleration Services.
Cancellations will only be considered in duly documented cases of "force majeure". Unjustified cancellation can lead to exclusion in future Business Acceleration Services events. For additional information, please refer to our Helpdesk (please choose "EIC Corporate Day with Engie" as the subject).