Are you a nature-based company? Connecting Nature wants to hear from you
Business is booming in the area of “nature-based solutions” and this includes early-stage impactful startups, but also mature companies that are using nature to create sustainable solutions for societal challenges. The project Connecting Nature is trying to explore this enormous potential by leveraging connections in this domain. Do you have a nature-based innovation? This survey can give you the right feedback!
Nature-based solutions are finding their place in water management, green infrastructure, green buildings, urban planning, landscaping and other processes. But what is exactly a Nature-based Enterprise? According to Connecting Nature’s definition, it’s ‘an enterprise using nature directly as a core element of their product/service offering or indirectly by contributing to the planning, delivery or operation of a nature-based solution’.
The survey on ‘Nature-Based Enterprises (NBEs)’ is available in 13 languages, directly from their website. The goal of this questionary is to better understand what a nature-based enterprise is, and how such organisations help cities to deliver on the social, economic and environmental potential of nature-based solutions. After completing the survey, enterprises will be invited to register for the Connecting Nature Enterprise Platform.
Why should a nature-based enterprise complete this survey?
1. To increase knowledge and support for NBEs
- the different types of nature-based enterprises that exist;
- the variety of products and services they deliver;
- the value they create for the environment, economy and society;
- the challenges and opportunities NBEs face and how policy makers can better support them.
2. To create opportunities for NBEs
The Connecting Nature Enterprise Platform will:
- increase the visibility of individual Nature-Based Enterprises;
- showcase Nature-Based solutions to the public and private sector;
- feature tenders and opportunities for funding;
- support collaboration and networking between Nature-Based Enterprises;
- create sector-specific training content and webinars;
About Connecting Nature
Connecting Nature is a project funded by the European Commission’s Horizon 2020 Innovation Action Programme. With 31 project partners from industry, local authorities, local communities, NGO’s and research in 16 countries, the projects goal is to position Europe as a global leader in the innovation and large-scale implementation of nature –based solutions.
For more information visit the website: https://connectingnature.eu/nature-based-enterprise-survey. If you have any questions about the survey or nature-based entrepreneurship in general please contact Esmee Koojiman at firstname.lastname@example.org or Siobhan McQuaid, Trinity.