The European Innovation Council Business Acceleration Services and OMV Petrom invite you to apply to an EIC Corporate Day on 26 & 27 January 2022. Being the largest integrated energy company in South-Eastern Europe, OMV Petrom is looking for SMEs sharing their passion for providing sustainable access to energy for everyday modern life. This specially designed service is meant to gear up your collaboration with the company and forge new partnerships.
In the current business environment, having a more sustainable business is as important as ever. That’s where OMV Petrom, the Romanian-based company, jumps in. Being a company primarily engaged in the oil and gas sectors, they’ve divided their business into three segments: upstream, downstream oil, and downstream gas. Having also included corporate responsibility principles into their business strategy, their main goal is to create useful solutions that will benefit every aspect of the energy value chain. That includes wells, producing oil and gas, refining and fuels distribution, gas supply and power generation & supply. It’s also worth mentioning that during this year, the company delivered their first liquefied natural gas (LNG) shipment, showing that when it comes to sustainability and innovation, they continue being part of the solution.
Applications are open until 24 November 2021
EIC-beneficiaries who are selected to attend the EIC Corporate Day with OMV Petrom on 26 & 27 January 2022, will have access to specific training, pitching, pre-arranged meetings with top decision-makers from OMV Petrom and the possibility to network with high-level partners and like-minded innovators in a dedicated online event.
Who can apply?
OMV Petrom is looking for new technologies and solutions for solar photovoltaic systems, turquoise hydrogen, energy storage, technologies for a circular economy, CCS combinations with blue H2, and non-classical hot dry rock solutions.
They call for applications in the following areas:
1. New technologies for Solar Photovoltaic Systems
Context: These types of investments in Solar Photovoltaic Systems will contribute to the achievement of both energy and climate change objectives and strategic objectives at the local level, as follows:
- Contribute to the objectives of the National Integrated Plan in the field of Energy and Climate Change (PNIESC), which has its first national policy "Promoting investments in new electricity production capacities with low carbon".
- Contribute to more than 10% of the indicative SRE-E target of Romania at the horizon of 2025.
- Contribute to the objective of sustainable development of certain counties by setting up electricity production units to materialise the potential for solar energy production.
2. Turquoise Hydrogen solutions – methane pyrolysis
Context: Turquoise hydrogen is very important because it creates added value to our natural gas equity and portfolio, and helps achieve national GHG emissions reduction targets:
- Hydrogen is now seen as a key fuel in the race to reach net-zero targets across the globe.
- Turquoise hydrogen may offer one more way of hitting these targets faster and sooner - as well as being a sustainable business in the long-term.
3. Energy storage solutions
Context: As part of the energy transition and as an energy provider, it will be crucial to store green energy in large amounts for longer periods. With our knowledge, we want to be part of the solution and help with this transition:
- Near-surface storage of heat (or cold) from residential or industrial areas, especially in urban settings, as well as high-temperature storage at up to 100 °C in the subsurface.
- Using existing technology and infrastructure in terms of reservoirs, pipeline networks, etc. Focusing on our key areas of expertise which includes geology, drilling, handling of different fluids.
4. Technologies for a circular economy
- Advanced technologies for ethanol production.
- Uncapped biofuel.
- Technologies for cellulosic ethanol.
- Developing sustainable aviation and diesel fuels business.
5. CCS and/or in combination with blue H2
Context: CCS is supposed to be a solution for heavy industries to reduce their CO2 emissions and reach the 1.5-degree target. Furthermore, the transition of heavy traffic and transport to hydrogen cannot be reached with green H2 only:
- Evaluate the potential of onshore and offshore storage of Romanian and petrol assets, while still ensuring they’re able to be operated safely.
- Both CCS alone and combined with blue H2 can be high potential business areas as part of the global goals.
- Onshore in depleted fields and saline aquifers, as well as offshore in depleted or producing fields and saline aquifers.
6. Non-classical geothermal – Hot dry rock solutions
Context: Classical geothermal can only be achieved if several factors are present in a certain area – hot water, flux rate, energy demand (either thermal or electrical). Hot Rock solutions deliver the same amount of energy, but avoid the problem of geographical dependency since the presence of hot water isn’t needed:
- Hot rock solutions depend on our geological understanding and ability to drill complex wells.
- Application of geological knowledge and understanding with the ability to drill complex wells. This would offer the chance to deliver 100% clean energy to our customers and be scalable to the needs of GWh (both electrical and thermal).
- It is applicable in Western parts of central Romania.
Opportunities for selected EIC-funded SMEs
- Privileged access to one of the world’s leading companies with the potential to initiate strategic partnerships along with increased visibility and possible access to new markets.
- Networking opportunities with relevant business counterparts based on your company profile.
- Personalised online training on pitching techniques and OMV Petrom specifications before the event.
- Services related to support before, during and after the event.
You can apply by clicking on the following link: Link
After logging in with your EU-Login, please fill in the respective form.
In your application form, you should include the answer to the questions:
- What is your business compliance with the event?
- What are your expected specific synergies/outcomes for your potential business with the Corporation?
Please acknowledge the information you provide on the application form will be shared with OMV Petrom to maximise potential benefits and ensure the effectiveness of meetings. OMV Petrom based on its business interests will select the final participants among the applicants.
The Business Acceleration Services will contact all applicants once the selection process has been concluded. However, this contact does not include feedback or recommendations to those not selected.
About the EIC Business Acceleration Services
This opportunity is brought to you by the EIC Business Acceleration Services. To explore other opportunities to connect with the largest corporates in Europe, keep an eye on our events page.
All participants are expected to fill out a brief satisfaction survey shortly after the event and a business impact survey after six months. Failure to do so may lead to exclusion from future Business Acceleration Services.
Cancellations will only be considered in duly documented cases of “force majeure”. Unjustified cancellation can lead to exclusion in future Business Acceleration Services events. For additional information, please refer to our Helpdesk (please choose “EIC Corporate Day with OMV Petrom” as the subject).
DISCLAIMER: This information is provided in the interest of knowledge sharing and should not be interpreted as the official view of the European Commission, or any other organisation.