The European Innovation Council Business Acceleration Services and Neste invite you to apply to an EIC Corporate Day on 23 & 24 November 2021. Being the leader in renewable and circular solutions, Neste is interested in SMEs sharing their passion for combatting climate change and creating more sustainable businesses. This specially designed service is meant to gear up your collaboration with the company and forge new partnerships.
Having a more sustainable business is something of great importance with each passing day. That’s where Neste, the Finland-based company, jumps in. Their main goal is to create solutions for combatting climate change and accelerating a shift to a circular economy. With these solutions, Neste helps transport and cities, as well as customers in the aviation, polymers, and chemicals sectors, to make their business more sustainable. Also, being the world’s largest producer of renewable diesel and sustainable aviation fuel refined from waste and residues has placed them 4th on the Global 100 list of the most sustainable companies in the world in 2021.
Applications are open until 30 September 2021.
EIC-beneficiaries who are selected to attend the EIC Corporate Day with Neste on 23 & 24 November 2021, will have access to specific training, pitching, pre-arranged meetings with top decision-makers from Neste, and the possibility to network with high-level partners and like-minded innovators in a dedicated online event.
Who can apply?
Neste is looking for globally scalable, sustainable, renewable and circular solutions for transportation, polymers and chemicals that help to mitigate climate change and increase circularity.
They call for applications in the following fields:
1. Green and/or circular solutions for transportation (road transportation, aviation, and marine)
- Fuels based on renewable raw materials (e.g. lignocellulosics, algae, other sustainable renewable raw materials)
- Fuels based on circular raw materials (e.g. waste plastics, municipal solid waste, other waste raw materials)
- Hydrogen and power-to-X based solutions
- Energy storage (e.g. batteries, battery technology and materials, chemical storage) for electric mobility, transportation, and industrial use
- Other sustainable solutions for transportation with potential for significant GHG reduction
2. Green and/or circular solutions for polymers and/or chemicals
- Technologies utilizing sustainable renewable raw materials (e.g., lignocellulosics, algae, carbohydrates based, other sustainable renewable raw materials)
- Technologies utilizing circular raw materials (e.g., waste plastics, municipal solid waste, other scalable circular raw materials)
- Power-to-X based solutions for polymers and/or chemicals
- Other sustainable solutions for polymers and/or chemicals that have potential for (i) significant impact in combating waste challenge, and/or (ii) significant GHG reduction
Opportunities for selected EIC-funded SMEs
Privileged access to one of the world’s leading companies with the potential to initiate strategic partnerships along with increased visibility and possible access to new markets;
Networking opportunities with relevant business counterparts based on your company profile;
Personalised online training on pitching techniques and Neste specifications before the event;
Services related to support before, during and after the event.
You can apply by clicking on the following link: Link
After logging in with your EU-Login, please fill in the respective form.
In your application form, you should include the answer to the questions:
What is your business compliance with the event?
What are your expected specific synergies/outcomes for your potential business with the Corporation?
When filling in your application, please specify for which of the two categories you are applying (1. Green and/or circular solutions for transportation or 2. Green and/or circular solutions for polymers and/or chemicals).
Please acknowledge the information you provide on the application form will be shared with Neste to maximise potential benefits and ensure the effectiveness of meetings. Neste based on its business interests, will select the final participants among the applicants.
The Business Acceleration Services will contact all applicants once the selection process has been concluded. However, this contact does not include feedback or recommendations to those not selected.
About the EIC Business Acceleration Services
This opportunity is brought to you by the EIC Business Acceleration Services. To explore other opportunities to connect with the largest corporates in Europe, keep an eye on our events page.
All participants are expected to fill out a brief satisfaction survey shortly after the event and a business impact survey after six months. Failure to do so may lead to exclusion from future Business Acceleration Services.
Cancellations will only be considered in duly documented cases of “force majeure”. Unjustified cancellation can lead to exclusion in future Business Acceleration Services events. For additional information, please refer to our Helpdesk (please choose “EIC Corporate Day with Neste” as the subject).