The European Innovation Council (EIC) Business Acceleration Services together with Amcor, Borealis and INEOS invite EIC beneficiaries to apply to an online EIC Multicorporate Day on 13 June 2023. This specially designed service is meant to gear up collaboration with the corporates and forge new partnerships related to the chemical recycling sector.
Make sure to APPLY until 21 April 2023!
Amcor is a global leader in developing and producing responsible packaging solutions for food, beverage, pharmaceutical, medical, home and personal care, and other products. They have approximately 44,000 employees across 220 sites in 43 countries. Amcor is also a leader in sustainability and has pledged to make all its products recyclable, reusable or compostable by 2025 (read more about Amcor’s progress in the corporate’s latest sustainability report).
Borealis is one of the world’s leading providers of advanced and sustainable polyolefin solutions and a European front-runner in polyolefins recycling. In Europe, they are a market leader in base chemicals and fertilisers. They leverage our polymer expertise and decades of experience to offer value-adding, innovative and circular material solutions for key industries such as consumer products, energy, healthcare, infrastructure and mobility.
INEOS is a global petrochemicals manufacturer, operating in 194 sites across 29 countries, generating $65 billion annually and employing over 26,000 people. In recent years, its scope of operations has diversified with the launch of INEOS Automotive and INEOS Hygienics, the acquisition of iconic British brand Belstaff and an ever-expanding sports portfolio.
EIC beneficiaries selected to attend the EIC Multicorporate Day on Chemical Recycling with Amcor, Borealis and INEOS on 13 June 2023 will have access to specific training for pitching, pre-arranged meetings with top decision-makers from the corporates, and the possibility to network with high-level partners and like-minded innovators in a dedicated online event.
Who can apply?
This is an exclusive call for EIC beneficiaries only. Applications are open for EIC beneficiaries that can provide innovative solutions to the corporates’ challenges below.
Please mention which corporate/challenge you are applying for (applying to multiple challenges/corporates is possible)
- Chemical recycling: technologies providing advanced recycling solutions for plastic packaging waste.
- Biomaterials: more sustainable primary packaging materials derived from renewable sources.
- Fibre: more sustainable primary packaging materials derived from fibre.
- New collection systems for hard-to-recycle plastic waste suitable for chemical recycling.
- Solutions to valorise waste stream that now goes into incineration (waste2energy) to be used for chemical recycling.
- Improving energy efficiency and LCA (life cycle analysis) of chemical recycling.
- Solutions to maximise recycling of plastics combining first mechanical recycling and subsequently chemical recycling (cascading).
- Innovate, efficient sorting and/or purification technologies to eliminate unwanted contaminants from waste streams going into chemical recycling or from chemical recycling output stream.
- CCU technology solutions in combination with existing polyolefin production infrastructure: convert atmospheric CO2 (and CO) into polyolefins including carbon capture technologies and transformation to suitable intermediates
- Broaden specs of feedstock for the advanced recycling process, to ensure a broader ability to intercept larger amounts of waste.
- Improve the efficiency of the pyrolysis oil process, towards reducing effluents and carbon emissions.
- Improve the efficiency of the pyrolysis oil process, towards lowering contaminants concentration and therefore unloading the cleaning and upgrading step and/or easing the cracking step.
- Reduce conversion times, to ensure an output rate of min 10Tons/hour per reactor.
- Direct and efficient conversion of plastic wastes into high-value chemicals (C2, C3, BTX).
Opportunities for selected EIC beneficiaries
- Privileged access to the world’s leading companies with the potential to initiate strategic partnerships along with increased visibility and possible access to new markets.
- Networking opportunities with relevant business counterparts based on your company profile.
- Personalised online training on pitching techniques and corporates’ specifications before the event.
- Services related to support before, during and after the event.
EIC beneficiaries can apply by clicking on the following link.
After logging in with their EU-Login, please fill in the respective form.
In the application form, you should include the answer to the questions:
- What is your business compliance with the matchmaking event?
- What are your expected specific synergies/outcomes for your potential business with the corporations?
Please acknowledge the information you provide on the application form is shared with Amcor, Borealis and INEOS to maximise potential benefits and ensure the effectiveness of meetings.
Please read the privacy statement for more information.
Based on its business interests, Amcor, Borealis and INEOS will select the final participants among the applicants. The Business Acceleration Services team will contact all selected applicants once the process finishes. However, this contact does not include feedback or recommendations for those not selected.
Amcor is a global leader in developing and producing responsible packaging solutions for food, beverage, pharmaceutical, medical, home and personal care, and other products. Read more about Amcor on its website.
Borealis is one of the world’s leading providers of advanced and sustainable polyolefin solutions and a European front-runner in polyolefins recycling. In Europe, they are a market leader in base chemicals and fertilisers. They leverage our polymer expertise and decades of experience to offer value-adding, innovative and circular material solutions for key industries such as consumer products, energy, healthcare, infrastructure and mobility. In re-inventing essentials for sustainable living, they build on their commitment to safety, their people, innovation and technology, and performance excellence. They are accelerating the transformation to a circular economy of polyolefins and expanding Their geographical footprint to better serve our customers around the globe.
With head offices in Vienna, Austria, they employ 6,900 employees and operate in over 120 countries. In 2021, they generated total sales of EUR 12.3 billion and a net profit of EUR 1,396 million. OMV, the Austria-based international oil and gas company, owns 75% of their shares, while the remaining 25% is owned by Abu Dhabi National Oil Company, or ADNOC, based in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Their supply services and products to customers around the globe through Borealis and two important joint ventures: Borouge (with ADNOC, headquartered in the UAE); and Baystar™ (with TotalEnergies, based in the US).
A global petrochemicals manufacturer, INEOS operates in 194 sites across 29 countries, generates $65 billion annually and employs over 26,000 people. Complementing its core business, INEOS is making an impact across a range of elite sports and becoming increasingly known to consumers, with the launch of the Grenadier (its uncompromising 4x4) and INEOS Hygienics. Read more about INEOS’ mission on its website.
About the EIC Business Acceleration Services
All participants are expected to fill out a brief satisfaction survey shortly after the event and a business impact survey after six months. Failure to do so may lead to exclusion from future Business Acceleration Services.
Cancellations will only be considered in duly documented cases of “force majeure”. Unjustified cancellation can lead to exclusion in future Business Acceleration Services events. For additional information, please refer to our Helpdesk (please choose “EIC Multicorporate Day on Chemical Recycling” as the subject).
DISCLAIMER: This information is provided in the interest of knowledge sharing and should not be interpreted as the official view of the European Commission, or any other organisation.