Open Call - EIC Community Training: Developing the right funding strategy
How do you finance your startup? Will you turn to VCs, business angels or look more towards blended finance? It’s a question that every innovator had to deal with at one point. Obtaining sufficient funding can be overwhelming and daunting for starting and seasoned entrepreneurs alike. With this training focused on developing the right funding strategy, taking place on Friday, 26 March 2021, the European Innovation Council (EIC) aims to give an overview of all means on financing, while offering the opportunity to learn from other innovators’ experiences.
Mark your calendars: Friday, 26 March 2021, 09.00-13.15 and apply here!
The ‘EIC Community Training: Developing the right funding strategy’ will give you the opportunity to explore different ways to finance your company and analyse the pros and cons of using one or the other. In a short, interactive session, our experienced EIC Business Coach Martin Theyer will guide you by providing further knowledge on the following topics:
- The valley of death – an introduction to the equity capital risk market in Europe (discussing the role of VCs, family offices, business angels, incubators, accelerators);
- An introduction to alternative sources of finance available to SMEs in Europe (crowd funding, debt funding, public funding, blended finance);
- An introduction to alternative instruments used in Europe (STOs, ICOs, convertible loans, subordinated debt and Mezzanine capital).
After a short insight session per topic, you will be invited to discuss and share experiences within smaller groups, thus leveraging on the EIC Community knowledge. During this time, the EIC Business Coach will be available for support. After each group discussion, the key points and takeaways will be presented in front of the group.
What’s in it for you?
- Practical tools and overview: the training session, designed and delivered by a business coach, focuses on providing you with a full overview on different paths to develop a funding strategy for your company;
- Testimonials and peer-to-peer learning: The EIC Community Trainings are all about peer-to-peer learning. In this workshop, you will have the opportunity to discuss your experiences on different funding strategies and learn from each other in a controlled online environment.
Who should attend?
This event is open to all EIC-funded companies, who are interested in learning more about possible funding strategies for their company. The workshop will be fully virtual with a maximum of 30 participants (1 applicant per EIC-funded project).
The event has limited capacity and registrations are on a first-come, first-served basis.
Meet our coach
Martin Theyer is passionate about one thing –to help the most innovative companies in Europe to succeed. He has founded and sold a start-up and knows how frustrating it can be to go through the valley of death! He has experience over 25 years in corporate finance and M&A. As a PKF Partner, he works with many promising start-ups in the tech field worldwide.
Should you have any questions regarding the event, please refer to our helpdesk (please choose “EIC Community Training: Developing the right funding strategy” as the subject).