The European Innovation Council Business Acceleration Services and DEME invite you to participate in our brand-new Planet.tech challenge. This is a great opportunity to enhance your cooperation with large corporates and co-create innovative solutions to a number of pre-determined challenges related to the European Green Deal.
Apply and step up to the plate.
Applications are open until 19 April 2020 23.59 (CET)
The European Green Deal, and the major sustainability challenges it will tackle, ask for close collaboration across value chains. Concrete pilots between the best start-ups/scaleups and knowledgeable corporates are critical to demonstrate business solutions and de-risk major investments for scaling.
With the Planet.tech initiative, the EIC Business Acceleration Services offers the opportunity to enhance your cooperation with DEME and jointly devise innovative solutions to a number of pre-determined challenges in the field of sustainability.
DEME will dedicate a team of experts to select the SME with the highest possibilities to develop a joint Proof of Concept (PoC) around the challenges proposed.
On 3-4 June, the pre-selected EIC SME will meet online with high level corporate decision makers to present their solutions and establish one-to-one business discussions.
After this initial meeting, DEME will take a final decision regarding the development of a PoC or any other kind of pilot collaboration. Successful pilots will be invited to showcase their solution in a dedicated event in Brussels, Belgium in autumn 2020 (tbd).
At DEME, it is our ambition to fundamentally contribute to sustainable solutions for the global environmental, societal and economic challenges facing our world today (DEME’s sustainability report)
The following challenges currently apply:
CLIMATE AND ENERGY
- Reduce DEME’s energy consumption and/or improve her energy efficiency with the main focus on our vessels (DEME fleet)
- Reduce green house gas emission of our operations
- Opportunities related to new renewable energy solutions preferable marine focussed
WASTE AND RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- Opportunities related to hydrogen production and storage preferably in a harsh offshore environment
- Opportunities for carbon capture (utilisation and storage)
HEALTH, SAFETY AND WELL-BEING
- How might DEME improve it’s overall safety awareness in a lean and digital way that is attractive for crew on board of our vessels
- Find solutions that safeguard and improve marine and terrestrial ecosystems by de-polluting, restoring and enhancing our oceans, rivers, coastal areas, ports and land and that DEME can combine with her operations
This opportunity is brought to you by the EIC pilot Business Acceleration Services. Read our 2019 yearly wrap-up and our report on EIC Corporate Days to learn more about what we do and how we do it and check the EIC Community regularly.
To explore other opportunities to connect with the largest corporates in Europe, keep an eye on our events page.
Should you have any questions regarding the event, please refer to our helpdesk: https://community-smei.easme-web.eu/contact (please choose "Planet.tech with DEME" as the subject).