The challenges are open to any EIC-funded organisation, of any size, from any sector that believes they may have technology that can prove useful. In addition to the criteria, you will also find some guidelines below to help you describe the solutions in a way that maximises their potential.
The solution MUST at least have the description in English. This ensures a common language between the organisations promoting the challenges and the solvers.
The solutions SHOULD be unique. In specific cases for software, duplication can be accepted if it clearly demonstrates that the usage is different. Services are duplicates if they are provided to the same target group, by the same provider, under the same agreement, to the same location, and using the same interface.
Services MUST at least be applicable at European level. They may be provided by National or European administrations.
To ensure the basic quality of the interoperability solutions on the Challenge Platform, the solutions MUST follow the compliance guidelines defined below as closely as possible.
- Compliance guidelines
The description of the solution should be as precise and complete as possible.
Here is a list of aspects that must be explained:
- General description: overview of your solution (brief description).
- Needs that the solution addresses: which needs are addressed?
- Features that the solution implements: what are the main features?
- Typical intended audience: what is the target audience(s) of your solutions? Who are the end users?
- How to reuse the solution: how can the intended audience re-use your solutions? Which steps should be followed? How to begin? Are there any other solutions strongly related and that can be used together?
- Standards used in the solution: what international, national standard or specification are used within your solution?
- Contribution of the solution to a policy: does your solution contribute to a public policy? Was your solution developed in the context of a public policy? Is your solution endorsed by an EU institution?
Each challenge might have additional eligibility criteria, proposed independently by the owner of the challenge. Please check the details of the challenge for more details.