EIC Overseas Trade Fair Programme
The EIC Overseas Trade Fair Programme supports EIC beneficiaries to promote their products and services in international markets and leverage business opportunities at the most popular global trade fairs, strengthening the EU innovation brand around the world.
This Programme enables EIC beneficiaries to:
- Showcase their innovative technologies, products and services at the the European Pavilion.
- Connect with leading entrepreneurs in the industry and top business mentors.
- Explore high quality leads, including partnerships and business opportunities.
- Learn and share knowledge during workshops, preparatory training sessions with market experts and constructive debates.
The EIC OTF Progrmnme involves a comprehensive set of business services for its participants that includes:
- Organisation of pre-set business meetings tailored to the needs of each selected EIC beneficiary.
- Business mentoring to prepare for the exhibition.
- Promotion of the companies participating in the trade fair.
- Side events & conferences. Access to dissemination and networking activities at the trade fair.
- Reimbursement of up to 1.000EUR on extra services (travel, accommodation, booth customisation, translation...).
This programme is open to Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises (SMEs) which have a product or service ready for commercialisation (+TRL7) and are beneficiaries of the programmes SME Instrument Phase 1 & Phase 2, Seal of Excellence (Horizon Europe), EIC Pathfinder, EIC Transition, EIC Accelerator, and Women TechEU.
The EIC publishes recurrent calls from different Trade fairs in its Open Call & Upcoming events page and on its webpage and social media. Each call will include the specific topic of the trade fair.
The EIC beneficiaries that want to participate in the Programme need to apply to those calls by filling in the application form included in the call. The application form requests information on the commercialisation readiness, the internationalization strategy and the alignment of the company product/service with the purpose of the trade fair.
External experts will check the applications received and rank it for the EIC to select the final participants.
EIC OTF Application: Do and DONTS
EIC launches the call for applications 6 months in advance of the trade fair.
Please see below the list of trade fairs:
The EIC OTF Programme allowed us to reach global markets, which otherwise would not have been possible. We were able establish a number of contacts in different countries overseas and the market response of our innovation completely exceeded our expectations.
- EIC Overseas Trade Fairs Programme 2.0: EU delegation shined and thrived at CES 2023
- The EIC presents its best innovations at Arab Health 2023
Find all the answers on the EIC OTF 2.0 programme in the FAQ.
For additional information, please refer to our Helpdesk service (please choose 'EIC OTF Programme' as the subject).